ONE-POT SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PASTA is the easiest meal ever and will have the pickiest eaters begging for seconds!
Some people tend to shy away from one pot dishes, especially pasta because they think they are boring or too bland. I am here to tell you, my friend, you are completely wrong. If you haven’t tried a one pot pasta dish before you are missing out because they are quick for a busy weeknight or even weekend. We are talking about having dinner on the table in only 20-minutes! My real love for one pot pasta dishes came from my 20-minute Tuscan chicken with penne pasta. It’s one of the best almost one-pot pasta meals out there!
So this one-pot spinach and artichoke pasta reminds me of a spinach and artichoke dip mixed with alfredo. Sounds delicious, right? It is!
It’s creamy, it’s spinach-y (not a word, but it seems right for this meal!), and garlicky like an alfredo sauce. Each bite contains the perfect balance of spinach, artichokes, and parmesan cheese. Can’t forget about the cheese!
With all one-pot pasta meals, you start with noodles, seasonings, and spices. I didn’t want onions in the pasta, but I did want the flavor, so I added onion powder. Want to use onions, no problem, you will see how much to see in the recipe down below. Want to add a little more protein, add rotisserie chicken or any chicken you prefer. Rotisserie chicken is a great addition to those busy nights. Been there before. It can get a little chaotic, and the last thing you want to do is worry about dinner.
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder or 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 14 ounce can <g class="gr_ gr_8144 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Grammar multiReplace" id="8144" data-gr-id="8144">quartered</g> artichoke hearts drained
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Place the penne pasta, minced garlic, onion powder or diced onion, parsley, thyme, artichoke hearts, and water into a large pot. Broil to a boil and cover for 12-15 minutes or tender the pasta is tender.
- Add the heavy cream and spinach to the pasta; mix together. Taste and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!