The creamy mushroom and Italian sausage filling in these mushroom sausage bites is sure to delight the taste buds of all who eat them!
MUSHROOM SAUSAGE BITES!
Love it? Pin it to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
We’re pretty big on appetizers at our house. On any given night, I would much rather have appetizers for dinner than an actual meal. It doesn’t even matter if we’re out at a restaurant, I still prefer appetizers over a huge meal.
My fondest memories of appetizers are from Christmas’ growing up. Every year, on Christmas Eve, my mom would make all kinds of appetizers. My sister’s and I could hardly wait to sit by the fire in the living room, eat appetizers, listen to my dad read the Christmas story from the Bible and open a present from Santa.
As an adult, I love appetizers for any occasion. Football season, binge watching my favorite Netflix show, UFC fight night, and of course, Christmas Eve.
As a rule, I only eat appetizers with tons of amazing flavor. This is a rule I think everyone should follow. Let the kids have their pizza bagel bites, what we adults need are these mushroom sausage bites.
Now, you may be thinking they’re too complicated, but, I’m here to tell you that not only are they not complicated, they are actually quite quick and easy to make. Plus, it’s pretty much a sure thing that anyone who tastes them is going to want more, so you may need to double the batch.
This recipe is basically a guarantee that whatever occasion you’re making them for, it’s going to be a hit. Some of my other favorite appetizers are my sweet and sour chicken wings and blue cheese tomato bruschetta. Even the kids love them!
What are some of your favorite appetizers? I’d love to know, so please leave a comment!
- 16 ounce package whole mushrooms
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 stalks green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Remove sausage from casings; set aside
- Small dice 4 ounces of the mushrooms; set aside
- Wash and dry mushrooms
- Remove stems from the remaining mushrooms; small dice and add to other diced mushrooms
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil on medium high heat
- Add onion, garlic and diced mushrooms
- Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes
- Add sausage, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks
- Cook until sausage is no longer pink and resembles crumbles; drain
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sausage mixture
- Stir until well combined
- Fill mushroom caps with sausage mixture and place on a baking sheet
- Bake in 350º oven until caps are softened and sausage mixture is hot, about 15-20 minutes
- While mushrooms bake, dice green onion; set aside
- Once mushrooms are ready, remove from oven and top with sliced green onions
- Serve warm
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!