MOCHA CRUMB MUFFINS are the best start to any day! Rich chocolate and coffee pair together for a morning treat that’ll rival any coffee shop!
This post is sponsored by Keurig Green Mountain®. All opinions are 100% my own.
Muffins are one of my favorite morning meal options. They’re so easy to make and one batch will last for days…well, in most houses. These Mocha Crumb Muffins disappear almost as fast as I can make them. I love how the rich coffee flavors enhance the chocolate. It really is the perfect pairing. Even my picky eaters loved these muffins! I told them they were chocolate with crumbs on top and that was all they needed to know.
My favorite tip for this recipe is using my Keurig® K250 brewer. I can make delicious, fresh coffee with the touch of a button and it’s ready in seconds! Literally seconds. The water preheats, I pop in a K-Cup® pod (I especially love Green Mountain Coffee® Breakfast Blend and The Original Donut Shop® Nutty Caramel) and voila at the touch of a button! A delicious cup of coffee just for me! What better way to celebrate coffee, every day?!
I used to reserve coffee for days when I had time to pop into my local coffee shop, but ever since I got a Keurig® brewer, I’ve been having coffee every day! It’s just so easy and there’s practically no clean up! I’ve even made hot cocoa for my boys, tea for myself, and chai lattes for my husband. There are SO many options, and can I tell you how cute the turquoise color of my Keurig®K250 brewer is in my kitchen?! It brightens up the whole place and makes me smile every time I see it.
For this recipe, I went with the Green Mountain Coffee® Breakfast Blend Coffee . It’s rich, smooth, and even though I normally drink my coffee blonde and sweet this one I can drink black. Since you want a coffee flavor that’s present, not just hiding under the chocolate, be sure to brew your K-Cup® pod for 4 ounces and select the strong option. Trust me. It’s perfect.
And for my daily coffee fix, I really enjoy Green Mountain Coffee® Nantucket Blend Coffee for a more complex flavor profile and medium roast. With top quality Arabica coffee beans, you can taste the farm to cup difference with Green Mountain Coffee® Nantucket Blend Coffee. It’s my favorite way to start the day!
Once the muffins are ready, brew yourself a cup or two of coffee and get ready to indulge! I like putting together a little breakfast tray to take on the patio for me and my husband. Then, we sit back and enjoy the morning together. It’s wonderful!
These muffins are the perfect way to celebrate National Coffee Day today! Make a batch or two to share with family, friends, and co-workers along with your favorite coffee! To help you celebrate, we’re giving away a turquoise Keurig® K250 brewer and a year’s supply of K-Cup® pods to one of our Real Housemoms readers! Because coffee should be celebrated every day of the year!
Giveaway is open to US residents only. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, or Convert Kit. Any entry deemed a “giveaway” account will be disqualified. Winner will be notified within 48 hours of the giveaway closing. Winner will have 48 hours to confirm prize receipt or a new winner will be chosen.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces Green Mountain Coffee® Breakfast Blend Coffee
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in you muffin tin cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the vegetable oil and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and mix to combine.
- Using your Keurig, brew a 4-ounce cup of Green Mountain Coffee® Breakfast Blend Coffee from one K-Cup® pod. Add milk to the coffee. Pour into the mixing bowl and mix to combine. (Adding the milk to the coffee helps cool it down so the eggs don't get scrambled.)
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in two additions, mixing until just combined after each addition. Scrape the side of the mixing bowl as needed.
- Fill the muffin tin cups 2/3 of the way full with muffin batter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork to mix together the flour, brown sugar, and salt. If there are lumps in your brown sugar make sure to break them up.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix with a fork until all the ingredients are moist and start to form crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the muffin batter. There should be a good layer of crumbs in each cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the muffins are set & the crumbs are golden, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the pan until cool enough to touch. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a hot cup of coffee!
Compensation for this post was provided by Keurig Green Mountain® for Real Housemoms. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Keurig Green Mountain®.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!