LEMON OREO TRUFFLE TOPPED BLONDIES are a delicious chewy dessert topped with creamy, sweet and tart Lemon Oreo truffle! They are so simple to make but seem like a special occasion dessert!
My friend Dorothy over at Crazy for Crust is awesome!!! My son’s school had an auction and she donated a signed copy of her cookbook, Dessert Mash-Ups! I was given the task of making a couple of desserts for the auction dinner and so I knew I had to make one of Dorothy’s amazing desserts. Seriously guys, it’s a book about combining two desserts into one!!! I made her Truffle-Topped Brownies and that was probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. They were AH-MAZING!!!!!! I made a big batch and only needed 10 for the auction sooooo, we had a lot at home. My mother-in-law was in town and we all kept sneaking into the fridge for another “bite.” That got me ready to make all kinds of brownies and blondies topped with truffles and so first up I’ve got Lemon Oreo Truffle Topped Blondies!
Blondies are like a sweet not-chocolate version of a brownie. They are just as easy to make, or maybe a little easier to make because you’re not melting any chocolate. Oreo truffles are even easier to make. Start by crushing Oreos into fine crumbs then mix in cream cheese and viola! You have an amazing sweet spread that needs to be on almost everything!!! I’m loving that Oreo has branched out and come out with so many different flavors. It makes for so much fun baking! What happens when you combine two simple easy desserts? You get super simple Lemon Oreo Truffle Topped Blondies!!!
I know that some of you don’t have access to Lemon Oreos. If that’s the case with you, simply crush golden Oreos (vanilla versions of traditional Oreos) and add in a teaspoon of lemon extract. That should get you pretty close. Feel free to taste the truffle mixture and see if you have enough lemon flavor, if not add more but doing it a little at a time, you can’t take it back out!
Lemon Oreo Truffle
- 15.25 oz. pkg Lemon creme Oreos
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- confectioner's sugar optional
- raspberries optional
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- line an 8x8 pan with foil, then spray foil with cooking spray
- in a large bowl whisk together melted butter and brown sugar
- stir in egg, vanilla and almond extract
- add in the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour
- stir until all combined and pour into the foil lined baking pan
- spread into an even layer
- bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the blondies comes out clean
- remove from oven and allow to cool completely
Lemon Oreo Truffle Topping
- place Lemon Oreos into a food processor and crush to small crumbs
- add in the cream cheese and pulse until completely combined
- once the blondies have cooled completely spread the Oreo truffle over the top and spread in an even layer
- place the in fridge to cool
- if using, sprinkle confectioners sugar over the top for garnish
- slice into squares and top each square with a raspberry if using.