This creamy LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP FETTUCCINE is easy to whip up and so tasty!
Raise your hand if you’re a white sauce pasta kind of person! I’m there with you. Red sauce doesn’t really do it for me so I never, ever make spaghetti at my house. But give me a pile of noodles topped with a creamy white sauce and I’m in heaven!
If you like chicken fettuccine alfredo and love shrimp, then this dish is going to be your new favorite! First you’re going to saute some shrimp with butter and minced garlic til the shrimp is cooked through. After that, just set the shrimp aside while you whip up that ultra creamy lemon white sauce. Before you know it, the sauce is done and you’re ready to poor it over a big batch of tender fettuccine noodles and top it off with that garlic butter shrimp. Throw a little chopped parsley on top and you’ve got one tasty meal that will please the whole family!
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles
- 1 pound large shrimp deveined and tails removed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups milk heavy cream, whole milk, or half & half work best
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- juice of 1 small lemon about 2-3 tablespoons
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Cook your fettuccine noodles according to package's instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan or skillet, melt the 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add shrimp and sauté for 5-7 minutes until pink and hot. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by adding the 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan (no need to clean it out first) and melt over medium heat. Sprinkle flour over the melted butter and stir until mixture clumps up.
- Gradually whisk in milk and simmer for a few minutes, stirring throughout, until sauce is thickened. Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Stir in lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Top fettuccine noodles with lemon cream sauce and shrimp. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve.
You’ll love these too!