Enjoy what the season’s produce has to offer and make this tasty Grilled Veggie Pesto Flatbread!
Have you been loving all the fresh produce you can pick from your garden or get at your local farmer’s market? This time of year is abundant with such a variety of good-for-you veggies! A great way to enjoy them is grilled them up and making flatbread. The recipe comes together quick and perfect to have as a meal or appetizers when guests come over.
You can make this your own by using ingredients you might have on hand. Want to go greek? Add an olive tapenade and feta cheese instead of the pesto and mozzarella – there is no wrong way to enjoy this flatbread!
As I mentioned buying store made pesto is perfectly fine but if you would like to make your own, you might recall I shared a pesto recipe here a couple months ago. For this recipe, I made mine from scratch.
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Appetizer pin board!
- Package of naan about 4 per package
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes any color
- 1 red pepper sliced thin core and slice into rings
- 1 small yellow squash sliced thin
- 1 small green zucchini sliced thin
- 2 slices of eggplant about 1/2" thick diced
- about 2 slices of red onion 1/4" thick sliced into silvers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pesto store bought is fine
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, peppers, squash, zucchini, eggplant and red onion then drizzle the olive oil over adding salt and pepper.
- Stir gently and placed on a rimmed cookie sheet (large)
- Place in oven and roast for about 20 minutes until veggies turn light brown
- Remove and set aside
- Meanwhile preheat gas grill
- Place 4 pieces of naan on grill until grill marks form
- Remove, turn over and place on a working surface
- Spoon/spread pesto over each piece of naan; about 2 tablespoons on each or to taste
- Divide the veggies on the 4 pieces of naan
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- Place back on grill until cheese melts
- Slice and serve
Looking for more flatbread recipes? Try these two: