FROZEN BERRY CRUMBLE BITES are delicious bite-sized treat full of fresh berries mixed with creamy Cool Whip and topped with a crunchy pecan crumble!
This weekend was a true whirlwind! I thought it was going to be my first quiet weekend in over a month with no photo sessions booked or family plans made. That is until Saturday morning, when I get the call from my little sister that she is currently at the clinic in labor! EEK! I immediately rush through my yard work I needed to get done because my lawn was starting to look a little wild.
After wrapping up the work around the house, I set to work making some meals to stock her freezer with. Million Dollar Spaghetti, Fiesta Chicken and Rice, a Cajun Shrimp Quinoa Bake and some Cranberry Almond Energy Bites were all packed up ready to be frozen. I also made a batch of Pineapple Chicken Salad for her to enjoy as soon as she got to the hospital. She already has all of the baby supplies, adorable outfits and necessities, so I figured I would gift her the one thing we both love. Food!
Real Housemoms TV
We made the 3 hour trip to Minneapolis and actually arrived at her house before she had even given birth! My parents were a little overly excited to meet their latest grandchild and very first granddaughter. We anxiously awaited the call, but it came too late in the evening to see her Saturday. Sunday morning we headed to the hospital where we were greeted by the most adorable baby girl with the fullest head of dark hair. She was absolutely gorgeous! I promise that isn’t my bias speaking, because I will fully admit one or two of my nephews looked like cranky old men when they were born! 😉
Whether you have little ones or just enjoy a flavorful bite sized treat, these Frozen Berry Crumble bites are the perfect way to kick off the warmer weather!
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c. butter melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 jar sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. fresh or frozen strawberries pureed
- 2/3 c. fresh or frozen blueberries pureed
- 2 c. cool whip
- In a large bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, salt and butter. Mix until well combined. Press half of the mixture into the base of 2 mini muffin sheets (1 1/2 tsp into each of the 48 mini muffin holes)
- Add the pecans to the other half of the mixture and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, add the cream cheese, pudding mix and sweetened condensed milk. Puree for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and thickened. Remove half the mixture from the food processor and add the strawberries. Puree until all of the strawberries are smooth and incorporated. Scrape the strawberry mixture into a bowl and gently fold 1 c. Cool Whip into the strawberry mixture. Set aside.
- Add the remaining cream cheese mixture along with the blueberries to the food processor and puree until smooth. Remove from the food processor and fold 1 c. Cool whip gently into the mixture.
- Add 2 tsp. of the strawberry mixture to each muffin tin and shake the pans well so it settles evenly. Top each bite with 2 tsp. blueberry mixture and shake again. Finish them off with sprinkling the pecan mixture over the top. Freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Store frozen for up to 2 months. Serve cold.
More fresh berry bites!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!