A Fresh Strawberry Soda has summer written all over it!
I just can’t seem to get enough of the amazing fresh strawberries this season. Thanks to a sunny spring and early summer here in the Northwest, we’ve had a lot of strawberries. I look for every excuse I can to cook with them and eat them. A local hamburger place here in Portland comes out with a fresh strawberry shake every summer that is awaited with a lot of anticipation. I decided I didn’t need to wait and I came up with a little bit different version of that perennial favorite – a Fresh Strawberry Soda.
This Strawberry Soda packs a quadruple strawberry punch!! Strawberry jam, fresh strawberries, strawberry sparkling water and strawberry ice cream.
You start with a little strawberry jam or syrup in the bottom of the glass.
Add some strawberry ice cream.
Add in some fresh sliced strawberries and then the strawberry sparkling water.
Top it off with some whipped cream and a whole strawberry and you have strawberry heaven!
All that is left is to add a spoon and dig in!
- 2 Tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 tsp sparkling strawberry water
- 3-4 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1/4-1/3 C sliced fresh strawberries
- Strawberry sparkling water
- whipped cream
- Place jam and 1 tsp sparkling water in bottom of glass and stir to combine.
- Add in ice cream and sliced strawberries.
- Add in desired amount of sparkling water
- Top with whipped cream
- Add strawberry garnish