Are you ready for fall? It’s still hot and sunny where I live, but we’re beginning to make the transition to fall in our home because you know, it’s just my favorite time of year! One of the first things I switch up to mark a new season is the wreath on our front door. So today I’m going to show you how I made this Easy Fall Moss Wreath!
We’re in a new house this year and that means a fresh start for decor. We’re sticking with neutrals and natural textures for fall this year and since our new door is massive I knew that I would likely have to make my own wreath to get the size I wanted and just the right look. I love moss wreaths but so many are that bright green color which I didn’t want for fall, but when I came across a lovely muted brown moss at the craft store I knew it would be perfect! So I grabbed the largest grapevine wreath I could find (I snagged it with a 40% off coupon at Michaels to make it even more affordable) and got to creating!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Grapevine wreath form
- Glue gun / glue
- Burlap ribbon
- Floral wire
And the steps:
- While you can use a number of different wreath forms, we chose a grapevine wreath because the moss naturally adheres a little better to the roughness of the wreath AND if you have some of the wood showing through here and there it’s not going to drive you crazy – it might even add to the rustic nature of the wreath!
- Simply separate a section of moss to adhere to the wreath, apply hot glue directly to the grapevine wreath and press the moss down onto the glue, spreading the moss out to your preference.
- Continue this around the entire wreath form, working in sections so that the glue does not dry before you’re able to adhere the moss to the wreath.
- Once you’ve added moss to the whole form, go back and glue sections down on the inside and outside of the wreath, making sure the moss is secure and covers the grapevine wreath well.
- Once your wreath is covered in moss to your liking, create a bow out of your burlap ribbon and attach with hot glue or floral wire to the top of your wreath.
And voila! In just an afternoon you can create a large and Easy Fall Moss Wreath for your door or fall decor! And you know, it didn’t cost an arm and a leg – that might be my favorite part. I love it when you can create custom decor that is actually CHEAPER than what you would buy fully made. It’s hard to find that kind of deal anymore!
I used just a Command hook on the door and hung it right up! You could also change up the look of the bow and hang the moss wreath by scraps of your favorite fall material. The sky is the limit. There is so much that you can do with this Easy Fall Moss Wreath!
If you enjoyed this quick and easy fall craft, be sure to head over to A Night Owl for more! If you’re looking for more fall ideas, check out our Easy DIY Concrete Pumpkins and our favorite Fall Hydrangea Wreath! Say hi if you drop by!