Easter time! Can you believe that Easter is right around the corner? It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating Christmas. And now here we are, already a few months into 2015. I love all things Spring and Easter, so I’m so excited to be bringing you this fun Easter craft – Easter Egg Painted Treat Jars!
Not only do I love decorating Easter eggs during this time of year, I also love decorating things LIKE Easter eggs! Case in point. I found these cute little glass jars at World Market and I thought – those would be so cute filled with candy and painted like Easter eggs! So I picked up a few and that’s exactly what I did.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Small glass jars, preferably round or oval shaped
- White spray paint/primer
- Acrylic paint
- Acrylic paint pens
- Paint brush
And the steps:
- Whenever I’m painting glass jars with acrylic, I like to spray paint them first with a light coating of white spray paint primer. Spray a light coat and let dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Once the jars are completely dry, paint with any color of acrylic paint. I chose bright and cheery Easter egg colors.
- Once the jars are dry again, add “Easter egg” designs to your jars with acrylic paint pens. The sky is the limit in terms of creativity! Squiggly lines, polka dots – any way you’d decorate an egg.
- Once your designs are dry, fill your little Easter Egg Painted Treat Jars with candy and tie with ribbon or twine.
And voila! In just an afternoon you have the cutest little Easter Egg Painted Treat Jars! These jars would be perfect Easter favors or place cards for your brunch or cute little gifts to hand out at school or church!
If you enjoyed this quick and easy craft, be sure to head over to A Night Owl for more! If Easter is your thing, be sure to check out our collection of Easter crafts and treats. Say hi if you drop by!
Leave a Reply