Take a cue from one of fashion’s most celebrated designers and give every bag in your possession an instant DIY Valentino update!
With school starting, it’s kinda hard to not have back packs on the brain. Back packs for purses are so popular this year compared to the traditional hand bag that I thought it would be really fun to give my fashion forward “it bag” some high end love – and wouldn’t? Hello! There’s like, NO SEWING involved AND compared my last couple of tutorials on Real Housemoms, it’s tres appropriate for my craft virgins… (I’m not pointing out any fingers but you know who you are). Let’s also not forget that this is an affordable update so, LET’S GET THIS MOVING…
DIY VALENTINO BAG
Like this tutorial? Pin it to your STYLE or DIY pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
- Hand bag of your choice
- Studs, with hooks OR glue ons
- If you are applying sans glue, you will need pliers or a bedazzle kit that will let you apply the stud with little effort OR pliers to help the stud attach to the pack. I just used pliers.
- First things’ first, determine your bag and studs.
- Decide where to add studs.There are so many options and I liked to look at some Valentino examples online: HERE, HERE, and HERE. If the straps are thin, then go for it! Outlining the sides of a bag is perfect but if you have a clutch, outlining around the perimeter of one side is better.
- Then I add my purchased studs to the bag, using the pliers to secure the items in place. Sometimes, you can find the studs as a glue on and if you do, I say GO FOR IT.
- As far as spacing is concerned, I recommend spacing out the studs according to the stud width – for the record, I completely eye balled it. Remind yourself: IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT.
That’s IT. Pretty simple, right?! Sure! It took me about 45 minutes to stud the shoulder straps, flap, and sides of my bag. So hopefully you can give this idea a try, I totally love it and cannot wait to add more hardware to other bags in my collection.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Don't miss a bite!
Want to receive our recipes and custom meal plans right to your inbox? Make sure to subscribe & get a copy of Dinner Made Easy - 10 simple dinner ideas that only need one pot or pan!