Make room for the blooms! Brighten up your home decor with a new DIY Spring Wreath!
DIY SPRING WREATH
Love it? Pin it to your DIY board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great projects!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
It’s Spring time! I love this time of year because after the holidays, creating and decorating can kind of be hum-drum. But Spring is the start of all things fresh and new and time to bring in the flowers! So I thought this was the perfect opportunity to grab some blooms and create a little something different for our DIY Spring Wreath.
I mean, there are so many wreaths out there for Spring so I really racked my brain (and the craft store aisles) for something new and unique and I came across this straw hat in the gardening section. SO CUTE! I knew that covered in flowers and with a sweet bow, it would make a lovely DIY Spring Wreath! And it was so easy to put together, let’s go over the steps.
What you’ll need:
- Straw hat
- Various flower stems
- Wired ribbon
- Hot glue gun/glue
And the steps:
- Take a flower (cut off stem if needed, leaving about an inch) and poke the remaining stem through the straw hat. If the stem will not go through the hat easily, you can use your scissors to poke a small hole.
- Before pushing the stem all the way through, add hot glue to the stem then press flower against the straw hat until it holds.
- Repeat this process around the entire hat until you get to the bottom where you want to add your bow.
- Create your bow out of the wired ribbon and hot glue it to the bottom of the hat.
- Then go back in and fill with flowers until you reach the bow on both sides and fluff/fill in with more stems as needed.
Now your DIY Spring Wreath is complete and ready for hanging!
What do you think? I’m so happy with how it turned out. And while I’m a “neutral” decorator, the fun thing about this easy DIY Spring Wreath is, it’s versatile! Simply switch up the color and size of your blooms for something brighter or more dramatic and go wild with the ribbon too! You can make it perfectly you!
If you liked this easy DIY, be sure to head over to A Night Owl for more! If you’re looking for more DIY and crafts, be sure to check out some of our favorites like our farmhouse Flower Market Bucket or our Thank You Herb Gifts! Say hi if you drop by!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!