Perfect for fall and Thanksgiving decor, create a Mini Pallet Planter for festive fall stems!
Recently I went on a trip to San Francisco with my husband. On an evening walk to dinner, we came across these large pallet planters outside of a local shop and I fell head over heels. I even went back to the same location the next day to take a picture because I knew I wanted to recreate something like that in the future. Well, today I’ve created a small-scale version of what we found, this Mini Pallet Planter, that is perfect for housing fall stems for your fall and Thanksgiving decor!
DIY MINI PALLET PLANTER!
Love it? Pin it to your DIY board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What you’ll need:
- Mini pallet (from a local craft store)
- Balsam wood planks (from a local craft store)
- Wood stain
- Glue gun/hot glue
- Drill and large drill bit (we used a 3/8)
- Small saw
- Fall stems
And the steps:
- First, you’re going to want to cut down your balsam wood planks to cover the spaces in the front of the mini pallet.
- Use your small saw to cut them down to the height of the pallet.
- Then use a paintbrush to stain your mini pallet and balsam wood planks and allow to dry before continuing.
- Once the pallet is dry, using the drill and large drill bit, drill large holes in the top of the pallet for your fall stems, spaced about an inch apart.
- Clean up the drill mess, then adhere your balsam planks to the front of the pallet using your hot glue gun and hot glue.
And just like that, in just an afternoon you have a beautiful DIY Mini Pallet Planter that is perfect to display your fall stems and Thanksgiving decor!
I love how it turned out, it reminds me of the large planter we saw on our trip! I’m so glad I could incorporate it into our home decor this fall, and I now have my sights set on making the large version!
What do you think? Are you ready to make a DIY Mini Pallet Planter of your own? If you liked this easy DIY, be sure to head over to A Night Owl for more! If you’re looking for more DIY decor, be sure to check out some of our favorite Fall projects like our Easy Hydrangea Wreath or our Painted Wood Slice Pumpkins! Say hi if you drop by!