With spring in full bloom, I’m ditching my winter boots and heavy socks and trading them in for lightweight flats and sandals, especially for these DIY LACED FLATS!
I recently moved from LA to Seattle last August and let me tell you friends, I have never seen so much rain in my entire life! It’s green and beautiful and so ALIVE here but I have to admit,
I’m incredibly excited to enjoy spring and semi dryer forecasts.
So when I spotted these laced up flats from Michael Kors, it was love at first sight! Unfortunately, the price tag was not a match made in heaven; $495.00 *might* be my food budget for the month – no offense, Michael.
Free People also sells a really cool laced up flat, the wider straps are irresistible and a good contrast to your typical thinner strapped flats that are everywhere right now. But again, a little out of my budget.
So on one of my many trips down the glorious isles of Target, I spotted the most amazing flats and that’s when it hit me, I can make my own. And you know what? I DID!
You can, too, and that’s what I’m sharing with you today!!
To recreate these DIY Laced Up Flats, you will need:
- Jump rings,
- Ribbon/cording (faux or real) 2-3 yards worth depending on how strappy you want them,
- Small Jewelry Pliers,
- Scissors (not shown),
- Something to puncture holes with (ie. thick/wide needle, nail, leather hole puncher – not shown),
- Something to mark temporary holes with (ie. chalk, waxed pencil, washable marker – not shown).
- With your marker, evenly mark placement holes, as seen below,
- Staying close to the edge, carefully puncture holes into your shoes with a leather hole puncher,
I did not have one of those hole punchers laying around the house,
so I actually used a nail, as seen in the photo below,
- Using your needle nose pliers, open your jump rings and attach the rings to the holes made in your shoe.
- Thread an extra, extra long piece of cording onto your flat, through the jump rings, and around your ankles.
Cut and measure length for the other shoe and repeat.
- Once both shoes are laced to perfection you are ready to walk out the door!
I had a bunch of these items already at home, so I only dropped $13 for this strappy look and I am so happy with the final result! I love how much it has transformed this simple flat into something a little more playful. The difference is exciting! I’m a sucker for a good transformation.
Hopefully you, too, will give them a try and with all that money you saved, you can splurge on dessert, like this, Snickers Poke Cake. If these shoes were a dessert, they would be this dessert!
**Bonus points if you make these shoes AND eat your cake, too! Thanks so much for stopping and have a glamorous day!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!