This Deep Dish Reeses Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet will beat out any restaurant skillet cookie you’ve ever had!
There are few things in this world that I love more than peanut butter and chocolate. It is a power couple; much like hot ham and cheese or milk and cookies. While they all taste pretty good on their own, they taste even better together. They just belong together!
So when a recent craving for super chewy, peanut butter cookies hit last week, I knew what I was setting out to make. But no ordinary cookies would do becuae in all honesty, with this pregnancy, my attention span is rather short. So who has time to roll out all those cookies? Not this chick.
Enter the next best thing to sliced bread. The deep dish cookie skillet! Pizookie, whatever you want to call it, we all need it. And pronto. It comes together in minutes, bakes up quickly and only requires a mixing bowl and skillet. Not too shabby, huh?
The base of the cookie is loaded with peanut butter, brown sugar for chewiness and lots of chocolate chips. Oh, and did I mention mini Reeses cups? Oh yes. I chop them up so with every bite, you get a chewy peanut butter cookie, chocolate chips and Reeses cups.
And you really want a decadent treat? Load the skillet with vanilla bean ice cream and pass out the spoons!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Dessert pin board!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cast iron skillet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, cream together the butter and peanut butter for 1 minute, or until just mixed. add the sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder and mix again until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract and flour and mix until combined and no flour clumps remain, 1 minute.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and Reese's just until mixed through.
- Add dough to the prepared cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with remaining Reese's.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!