This delicious Copycat Chick Fil A Grilled Chicken Club brings home the yummy chicken sandwich you love. It tastes just like the original!
A smoky chicken breast, perfectly seasoned and finished with crispy bacon and melted cheese, the Copycat Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Club is the absolute best! And – surprise! – the marinade blending dill pickle juice and powdered sugar makes it unmistakably like the real thing! You’ll love this recipe right down to the signature honey-roasted bbq sauce!
It tastes Just Like Chick-Fil-A!
As its name implies, Chick-Fil-A is all about the chicken. Chicken nuggets. Chicken strips. Chicken sandwiches. And the flavor of their chicken is like no other. That’s why we’re excited to bring you this Copycat Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Club recipe! It’s a crave-worthy copy of their delicious and healthy club sandwich, and it’s super easy to make at home!
Other Recipes to Serve with the Grilled Chicken Club
This grilled chicken sandwich naturally calls for waffle fries! I love having the full Chick-Fil-A-at-Home experience, so I like serving these chicken club sandwiches with:
- The Copycat Chick-Fil-A Spicy Southwest Salad or
- Warm and creamy, Crock Pot Mac and Cheese that’s amazing with almost everything!
Sandwich Basics: Every good chicken club needs chicken breasts, crispy bacon, buns and cheese (Colby or pepper Jack), and optional toppings like crisp lettuce and a ripe slice of tomato.
Marinade: The marinade for this sandwich combines dill pickle juice, milk, powdered sugar, garlic & onion powder, salt & pepper, and smoked paprika for a uniquely Chick-Fil-A taste!
Sauce: For the complete copycat package, top your sandwich with a sauce of mayo, sweet bbq sauce, honey, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and smoked paprika.
How to Make the Copycat Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Club
STEP ONE: Make the marinade by mixing the pickle juice, powdered sugar, milk, garlic & onion powder, salt & pepper, and paprika in a large bowl. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, then add the chicken to the marinade. Coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
STEP TWO: Make the sauce by mixing mayo, bbq sauce, honey, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and paprika in a medium-sized bowl. Cover and refrigerate until time to assemble the sandwiches.
STEP THREE: Preheat the grill pan (or grill) to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook it, flipping as needed until the internal temp reaches 165F. Remove the chicken from the grill and top each breast with a slice of cheese.
STEP FOUR: Assemble the sandwich by adding lettuce and tomato to the bottom bun. Next, add the cheesy chicken and bacon strips. Spread the honey-roasted bbq sauce on the cut side of the top bun before putting it on the sandwich. Now enjoy every bite!
Tips for Success
- Since the chicken can marinate for up to four hours, these chicken club sandwiches can easily be prepped in the afternoon before a cookout. When the time comes to fire up the grill, virtually all your work is done!
- This copycat Chick-Fil-A marinade also works on chicken strips and chicken nuggets – your kids will love you!
What makes Chick-Fil-A chicken taste so good?
Chick-Fil-A chicken has a unique flavor: The dill pickle/powdered sugar marinade listed in this recipe and the fact that they fry their chicken in peanut oil.
What’s in Chick-Fil-A Sauce?
Chick-Fil-A sauce is a dipping sauce that combines mayonnaise, mustard, bbq sauce and honey. It’s a different sauce than the honey-roasted bbq sauce they use on their Grilled Chicken Club sandwich.
Other Copycat Recipes!
- Air Fryer Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets
- Copycat Wendy’s Frosty
- Slow-Cooker Copycat Wendy’s Chili
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites
- Cosmic Brownies
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara
Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce
- 4 slices pepper jack or Colby jack cheese
- 4 multigrain buns
- 4 leaves green lettuce
- 4 slices Beefsteak tomato
- 4 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon cooked crispy and cut in half
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create 4 thin-cut breasts. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pickle juice, milk, powdered sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, and paprika.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and coat the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to 4 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, make the sauce. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, bbq sauce, honey, dijon, lemon juice, and paprika. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. (You can also use a large skillet or preheat your grill.). Cook the chicken, flipping occasionally until an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F in the thickest part of the breast, up to 15 minutes total.
- Take the chicken off the heat and top each breast with a slice of cheese to melt slightly.
- To assemble, remove the tops of the buns, add lettuce and a tomato slice to the bottom bun. Then place a piece of chicken over the veggies followed by two half slices of bacon side-by-side.
- Spread the honey roasted bbq sauce on the bottom side of the top bun before placing it on top of the sandwich. Serve warm.
- Nutritional information includes 2 tablespoons of sauce per sandwich.
- This is a very close copycat to the original. You can leave off the cheese and bacon, and you would have their classic grilled chicken sandwich.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days unassembled. Warm the chicken in the microwave or oven until just heated through, or it may become dry. You can also use it cold for a cold version of the sandwich, which is amazing as well. Freeze leftover chicken for up to 3 months.
- This recipe makes a lot more sauce than you’ll need for the sandwiches. It’s my favorite Chick-Fil-A sauce and is great on so many things, or just for dipping.