This Chocolate Covered Cherry Mug Cake is ready in under five minutes and is the perfect dessert for one!
Lately, I’ve been a snacking fanatic. I’d like to say it’s because I’m nursing and I’m extra hungry, but it’s probably just because I spend all day every day looking at food, dreaming up new recipes, and then taking pictures of those recipes. #dreamjob
So at night, when I’m cruising through blog land, pinning, commenting, editing photos, and writing posts . . . I get the snack’ems. You know, the snickety snack’ems. The uncontrollable urge to eat ALL. THE. THINGS.
And so, mug cakes.
Last month I did kind of a ridiculous amount of recipe testing (I know, right? Poor me!!) to come up with this most amazing Salted Caramel Chocolate Mug Cake. And you lucky chocolate lovers get to have one of its babies! Chocolate Covered Cherry Mug Cake! Just slightly tweaked, it is the delicious flavors of chocolate and cherry in a fast little mug cake.
At first, I was going to make it with cherry pie filling or frozen cherries and then all the sudden I remembered the 80 gabillion comments on my Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Bombs about how it would have been a lot easier to make them with maraschino cherries and #duh the answer to this little baby was suddenly clearer than this mug 5 minutes after my cake was done cooking 😉
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 5 maraschino cherries
- 1 1/2 tsp maraschino juice
- Mix the milk and chocolate chips in the bottom of a mug. Microwave on 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring in between.
- Mix in the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, and vegetable oil, throughly mixing to break up all of the flour.
- Mix in the maraschino cherries and juice.
- Microwave for two minutes or until cake is cooked.
You might also like