Hello all! I am Carrie from Frugal Foodie Mama, and I am so thrilled to be joining the Real Housemoms team! I cover a myriad of topics over at Frugal Foodie Mama from tasty recipes to family friendly travel to budgeting tips, but I will be sharing a new recipe here with you all at Real Housemoms once a month. Starting with this classic and creamy, no ice cream maker needed Chocolate Chip Waffle Cone Ice Cream.
Even though most of the kiddos are heading back to school soon (or have already), summer is not over folks! I am savoring summer for as long as I can here. Nothing says summer to me like a creamy scoop or two of chocolate chip ice cream in a crunchy waffle cone. But since becoming the mother to a very wiggly and on-the-move toddler, huge waffle cones filled with dripping, melting ice cream doesn’t necessarily appeal to me as much anymore. 😉 My solution? Put the waffle cone IN the ice cream! Now I can give her a scoop of this in a nice and neat bowl or cup, and she still gets her “ice cone”. No total body wipe-down required after.
Real Housemoms TV
If you think you need an ice cream maker to make this, think again! 🙂 This Chocolate Chip Waffle Cone Ice Cream is a super simple no-churn version. All you need is a bowl, an immersion blender or hand mixer, a freezer safe container, and a rubber spatula! I own an ice cream maker, but I have to be honest with you all- I probably haven’t dragged it out from the cabinet under my counter in over a year. No need to when you have super easy no churn ice cream recipes like this one.
- 1 cup of vanilla flavored coffee creamer
- ½ can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- ½ container of whipped topping thawed
- 3 large waffle cones broken into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whip together the vanilla coffee creamer, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream until light and frothy- about 3-4 minutes. I like to use my immersion blender for this.
- Fold in the thawed whipped topping.
- Pour the vanilla ice cream base into a freezer safe container, and allow to set up in your freezer for 1 hour.
- While the base is freezing, break up your waffle cones and arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in your freezer, and freeze the pieces for the remainder of the hour.
- After an hour, remove the ice cream base from your freezer and scrape down the sides of the container and stir with a rubber spatula.
- The ice cream base should be set enough to add in the frozen waffle cone pieces and chocolate chips. Add them both in and stir well.
- Freeze for another hour, and then scrape down the sides and give the ice cream base a stir again.
- Freeze for at least an additional 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Allow the ice cream to set out at room temperature for at least 10-15 minutes before serving as homemade ice cream freezes harder than store bought.
- Scoop and enjoy!
If you loved this recipe post, you might also like my…
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!