If you’re looking for an easy yet unique appetizer that’s perfect for any party, look no further than these tasty BRUSSEL SPROUT PROSCIUTTO CUPS!
Mmmmm. Cured meats. Bacon. Prosciutto. YUM! They’re all oh-so-delicious. I love making appetizers like this because a) everyone loves them, b) they are super easy to make, and c) what’s not to love about a bitter green wrapped in some warm, crispy, cured pork?
Real Housemoms TV
The prosciutto cups are insanely easy to make. All you need to do is cut square sliced pieces of prociutto slices, press them into mini muffin tin cups, then cook for about 15 minutes until they’re nice a crispy. You can fill them with whatever you’d like for a tasty treat. My husband is the one who actually suggested the roasted brussel sprouts and I thought his idea was pure genius. I have to admit, though, that I took one of the empty cups and filled with with a chunk of cranberry goat cheese and that, too, was delicious!
Brussel sprouts are just meant to be paired with something like bacon or prosciutto, so this bite sized appetizer is just perfect!
- 16 brussel sprouts bottom part of stem cut off and halved
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces proscuitto slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss brussel sprout halves in olive oil, then spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, turning half way through cooking process.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees F.
- Cut prosciutto slices into squares. Using two pieces where the top one is rotated slightly, press down into a mini muffin tin to create a cup or bowl shape. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- To serve, add a roasted brussel sprout half to each prosciutto cup.
- If making ahead, roast brussel sprouts ahead of time but do not make prosciutto cups until ready to serve. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the brussel sprout half to the cup to warm it up. Serve warm.
If you’re looking for some other great recipe ideas like this from Self Proclaimed Foodie, be sure to check out:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!