Loaded Tater Tot Nachos make a scrumptious appetizer or snack EVERYONE loves! Crispy potatoes smothered in seasoned meat and melted cheese – yes, please!
LOADED TATER TOT NACHOS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pin board
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest!
Who can resist the crispy exterior of a tater tot? Certainly not me! You? There are countless ways to enjoy the fluffy goodness of tots like this Tater Tot Casserole, but if you’re looking for an easy appetizer or delicious snack – then Tater Tot Nachos is definitely the way to go!
Why not amp up traditional nachos and make them something special by using tater tots! Taters, beef, cheese, bacon and sour cream make this one mouth-watering dish. The hubby literally can’t keep his hands off them!
Sitting in a restaurant years ago, I ordered tater tot nachos on a whim and I’ve never looked back. They had me at hello. This easy recipe can be customized for your taste buds. Like ’em spicier, add some jalapenos or pepper jack cheese. Not into beef, use shredded pork or chicken. Want to really mix it up, use tater tots made from sweet potatoes. The tots-ibilies are endless! You can go crazy with your garnishes, too. Sour cream, avocado or guacamole, green onion, olives, cilantro, salsa or hot sauce all work well.
There is just something magical about crispy potatoes smothered in cheese and delicious toppings 🙂
The other nice thing about this recipe is that once the tater tots are baked in the oven, the rest of dish comes together super fast! If you want to get fancy and put them in a pretty serving dish, go ahead. They won’t last long, so that idea may not be worth it!
Loaded Tater Tot Nachos work for most any occasion that calls for an appetizer or small bites. Game day, girls night, kids sleepover or date night, this recipe is a hit! We’ve been known to eat them for dinner on nights that call for a dose of comfort food. Enjoy!
- 1 large bag frozen tater tots, baked per package instructions
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- avocado, cilantro, salsa, sliced olives & sour cream for garnish
- Prepare tater tots per package instructions.
- While tater tots bake, cook ground beef with taco seasoning until beef is browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Once tots are done baking, remove from oven. Keep oven on. Top with cooked beef, cooked bacon, and cheese. Place back in the oven until cheese is bubbly and melted. Remove from oven and top with sour cream, salsa, olives, avocado, and cilantro or other desired toppings.
ANOTHER DELICIOUS COMFORT FOOD
Crockpot Pizza Casserole