I love how easy these Valentine Pretzel Bites are to throw together. Perfect for last minute gifts, parties, or just because you need to satisfy your sweet & salty craving!
Sometimes, a gal just has to have something that takes care of all her cravings! I’ve seen different versions of this, but never a Valentine’s Day version, so I added a spin to the traditional melted sweet bite of chocolate with a salty pretzel! Of course, these bites are great for the kids too. They make great gifts, just throw a few in a cute cellophane bag, tie with a cute ribbon, and you’ve got a cute gift.
The hardest part about these is unwrapping all the chocolate…and controlling yourself by not eating all the unwrapped chocolate. At my house it went something like this: unwrap one for a pretzel, unwrap one for me, unwrap one for a pretzel, unwrap one for me, etc. If you have any chocolates remaining, then you can share with the kids or your hubby! Something tells me there won’t be any chocolates remaining, though.
- 30-40 twisty pretzels (~1 bag)
- 30-40 heart shaped chocolates, unwrapped (~1 bag, I used Dove)
- 30-40 conversational hearts (~ 1/2 bag)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a baking sheet lay out pretzels in a single layer and top with a heart-shaped chocolate. Place in oven for 1-3 minutes just until the chocolate is soft and just glistens. It should not be melting. Keep a close on these as they will melt fast!
- Remove from oven and gently press a conversational heart onto the top of each chocolate. Press gently to make sure the chocolate squishes a little around the pretzel and that the conversational heart is lightly pressed into the chocolate.
- Let the chocolate cool completely and everything will stick together, creating the perfect bite.