A little balsamic and a sprinkle of fresh basil turns this STRAWBERRY BASIL BRUSCHETTA into the perfect appetizer!
- 1 French baguette 8 oz., sliced ¼ in. thick
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1 lb fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Place bread slices on a cookie sheet, spray lightly with olive oil and broil until light golden, turning once, about 4-5 minutes. Watch carefully to make sure you don’t over-toast them.
- While bread is toasting, in a medium size bowl combine balsamic vinegar and honey. Microwave for 15-30 seconds. Add strawberries to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread goat cheese onto each toasted baguette slice, gently press a few slices of strawberry onto each baguette and top with fresh chopped basil to garnish.
Looking for more easy bruschetta recipes? Check out this Cranberry and Blue Cheese Bruschetta recipe