Yay!!! It’s almost July 4th!!! I love getting together with my friends and family to celebrate. I don’t love baking for the party! It’s usually around 115 to 118 degrees out here in our part of Arizona so being trapped in the kitchen baking a dessert is out of the question.
One of my favorite new things to do with my kids is watch Nerdy Nummies on YouTube. Ro makes a new NUMMY every Tuesday and they are usually based on a video game, cartoon or other “nerdy” awesomeness! She is so cute and I love this time together. Usually we watch on the iPad on my youngest son’s bunk. The three of us all snuggled up together and watching the videos. It’s my all time favorite! She recently posted a Mario Star Rice Krispy Pop that was so cute and got me thinking about the Fourth. So……..
I made these pops with the kiddos. They had so much fun cutting out the stars and dipping them in the chocolate. The cherry on top is that you could make such a lovely table centerpiece out of them too!
- 3 T butter
- 40 Big marshmallows not crazy campfire big but regular big
- 6 c Rice Kripsies
- 2 bags of white candy melts
- red frosting
- blue frosting
- white sugar pearls
- lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block
- in a large pot melt butter and marshmallows
- add Rice Krispies and stir to coat
- spread evenly in a greased 13" x 9" pan and press into a flat surface
- allow to cool for 30 min
- using a star shaped cookie cutter cut out 8 large stars and 6 small stars (eating the rest of the treats 🙂 )
- melt some of the chocolate
- using the lollipop stick form a hole
- remove the stick and dip in melted chocolate then reinsert into the hole.
- place in the freezer for 20 min to harden
- dip the stars in white chocolate completely coating them and stick the stick into the Styrofoam block to harden
- using the red frosting pipe red stripes onto the large stars
- using the blue frosting pipe blue frosting on the entire front of the small stars
- add the sugar pearls to the frosting while it is still wet