If you are looking for a side dish that is easy, filling, and bursting with flavor; this ROASTED GARLIC CHEESY RICE is what you need!
I’m usually a pasta gal, myself. But every once in awhile I get a strong craving for rice. Not just plain old white rice, no way! I want stick-to-your-ribs ultra indulgent rice. Like this Roasted Garlic Cheesy Rice.
There is not much to it. You will need to pre-roast the garlic ahead of time. If you have never roasted garlic (you should do it immediately!) and check out my tutorial on How To Roast Garlic. Roasted garlic is so mild yet flavorful. It really takes garlic to a whole new level.
This makes a fantastic side dish because it will go with just about any type of meat. Fish, chicken, beef, lamb or pork . . . they’d all be happy to be served along with this rice!
- 1 Head of Roasted Garlic
- 1½ Cups Rice I use a brown,red,black blend
- 3 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley
- In 3.5 qt pot, combine rice and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Stir, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. (If using a different type of rice, cook according to package instructions.)
- Chop roasted garlic and gently stir into cooked rice.
- Return pot to burner over low heat.
- Add cream, parmesan, butter, salt and pepper. Gently heat while stirring until butter and cheese is melted. (1-2 minutes)
- Serve topped with additional parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Artichoke & Roasted Garlic Dip
Leave a Reply