PUMPKIN SPICE TRUFFLE BARK tastes like fall in a candy! The amazing flavor of pumpkin spice mixed with the buttery white chocolate and salty pretzels is a combination no one can resist!
My mother-in-law came to spend the week with us. We had a great time. It’s really low key when she comes out. We hang out at the house, she motivates my husband to finish a project or two and then we spend some time out at Cannon Beach. It’s our favorite beach because it’s so crazy beautiful! There is a HUGE rock called Haystack Rock and the widest beach ever! It’s so great to just walk up and down the beach and check out all the crazy jelly fish that wash up on shore.
This being Oregon chances are high in the fall and winter that you’ll have some rain on your trip. What’s great is that doesn’t stop people. They just put their hoods up and head out. You don’t have to change your plans. The weekend we went a hurricane was passing by and we got slammed with rain. We made our way to the main street for some shopping and then went back to the room to play some cards and nibble. Then by late afternoon we were able to head downstairs to the beach and check it all out. It was so amazing and we all had a blast!!
I was so glad that we had this Pumpkin Spice Truffle Bark with us! It was so delicious! In fact my mother-in-law was hanging out with me in the kitchen while I made it and we both couldn’t stop eating it! While you’re pouring it out and making it, it seems like it won’t make a lot but we were both surprised at how much it did make. I had to put some in the freezer because I knew we’d never finish. I don’t think the pretzel sticks will still be good, they maybe soggy, but I think I’ll break them up and toss with a popcorn for a yummy mix.
I fell in love with all the possibilities of truffle barks when I saw my friend Julie’s Hershey’s Candy Corn Bars Truffle Bark over on her site White Lights on Wednesday! Check it out for even more yummy ideas!
- 24 oz. white chocolate morsels divided
- 4 tbsp shortening divided
- 10.7 oz pumpkin spice Oreos
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pretzels sticks
- place wax paper or silpat mat on a baking sheet
- place 12 oz of white chocolate and 2 tbsp of shortening in a microwave safe bow.
- microwave for 30 seconds and then stir, repeat until completely melted
- spread mixture over the lined baking sheet in an even layer and place in the refrigerator
- place Oreos in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs are created
- add in cream cheese and pulse again until a smooth mixture is created
- once white chocolate layer has hardened remove from the fridge and spread an even layer of the Oreo truffle mixture over the top
- place back in the fridge to chill 5 min
- add the remaining white chocolate chips and shortening into the microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds then remove and stir, repeating until chocolate is melted
- remove the baking sheet from the fridge and carefully spread the melted white chocolate over the top of the truffle mixture
- top with pretzel sticks and press them gently into the chocolate
- return to the fridge and allow to harden completely 30 min to 1 hour
- remove and carefully cut into pieces
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!