Peppermint Cherry Milkshakes are a delicious dessert combining two awesome flavors! My family loved them! My son had a baseball tournament last weekend and the weather was surprisingly warm and almost too warm for jeans and sweaters. My daughter has been asking me to make her a milkshake for awhile now and since the weather was cooperating for a cold drink, I made these yummy Peppermint Cherry Milkshakes! What a fabulous treat! I always have extra candy canes around Christmas, so these milkshakes were a great way to use some of them!
recipe modified from Ingredients, Inc.
- 4 cups low fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 cups milk I used 1%
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies/candy canes
- 1/4 cup crushed cherry candy canes
- Whipped topping cherries
- Combine ice cream, milk, crushed peppermint, and crushed cherry candy in a container of an electric blender
- Cover and process until smooth
- Serve in a glass and top with whipped cream and a cherry
- Note: I crushed the peppermint and cherry candies in a food processor (You can also put candy in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; seal. Using a hammer, rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet, pound the candy on a sturdy countertop until crushed)