Peppermint Cherry Milkshakes are a delicious dessert combining two awesome flavors! My family loved them! My son had a baseball tournament last weekend and the weather was surprisingly warm and almost too warm for jeans and sweaters. My daughter has been asking me to make her a milkshake for awhile now and since the weather was cooperating for a cold drink, I made these yummy Peppermint Cherry Milkshakes! What a fabulous treat! I always have extra candy canes around Christmas, so these milkshakes were a great way to use some of them!
recipe modified from Ingredients, Inc.
- 4 cups low fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 cups milk I used 1%
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies/candy canes
- 1/4 cup crushed cherry candy canes
- Whipped topping cherries
- Combine ice cream, milk, crushed peppermint, and crushed cherry candy in a container of an electric blender
- Cover and process until smooth
- Serve in a glass and top with whipped cream and a cherry
- Note: I crushed the peppermint and cherry candies in a food processor (You can also put candy in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; seal. Using a hammer, rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet, pound the candy on a sturdy countertop until crushed)
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!