We had so much fun checking out all the amazing cookies shared last week for the 2013 Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap. This year was different because there were non-bloggers in the swap also! Here are a couple of the delicious looking recipes shared by our non blogging friends.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c butter
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/3 chopped pecans
- 1/4 c red candied cherries quartered
- 1/4 c green candied cherries quartered
- 1/2 chopped dates
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- cream together sugar egg and butter
- add flour, salt, baking powder, pecans, cherries and dates to the butter mixture
- drop on a cookie sheet
- bake 8-10 min.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Beat butter, icing sugar & vanilla till creamy
- In separate bowl combine flour, corn starch, baking powder & salt
- Stir part by part into butter mixture.
- Separate mixture into 4-5 separate bowls and add 1-2 drops of food coloring (each bowl gets different Color) into each bowl. May need to add more flour to thicken after food coloring.
- Take a little batter out of each bowl and roll out each segment
- Once rolled to log form attach each piece end to end.
- Now twirl them in a circular motion and place on parchment.
- Sprinkle with candy balls.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes