Pear Pomegranate Stuffing adds a fresh twist to traditional Thanksgiving herbed bread stuffing that is certain to become a family favorite!
When I was a kid stuffing was my favorite holiday food that I looked forward to the most each year. I liked it better than the turkey, better than the mashed potatoes, and even better than the sweet potato casserole. In my parent’s house, we always had cornbread stuffing.
However, now that I’m grown up, I like to try different variations on the standard stuffing. I even dared to make this Pear Pomegranate Stuffing with herbed bread stuffing instead of cornbread stuffing. I can hear the gasp of horror now from my family! How dare I mess with tradition!
Real Housemoms TV
Dare I did, and you will be very glad I did because this Pear Pomegranate Stuffing is fabulous! It is soft, crisp, and crunchy, savory, and sweet from the pears and pomegranate seeds. It is a wonderful symphony of flavors and textures that combine to create a holiday side dish that is certain to become a family favorite.
What makes this Pear Pomegranate Stuffing so special? The savory flavors of the butter, onion, celery, sage, poultry seasoning and black pepper combine beautifully with the sweet taste of the pears and pomegranate seeds, and the nuttiness and crunch of the chopped pecans.
If you are worried that your family might be resistant to trying a new stuffing, give it a trial run. You won’t be “breaking” tradition because it is not Thanksgiving or any holiday. Maybe make it with chicken or pork chops, something other than the typical Thanksgiving dishes. Then don’t be surprised if after they have tried it, they actually request that you make it for your holiday dinner.
Go ahead and make this Pear Pomegranate Stuffing for a side dish for weeknight or weekend dinner and get ready for rave reviews!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 package herbed stuffing cubes
- 11/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 pears peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add butter and stir until melted. Add chopped onions and celery and cook until softened, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine herbed stuffing, cooked onions and celery, chicken broth, sage, poultry seasoning, and black pepper.
- Stir in chopped pears, pomegranate seeds, and pecans.
- Spoon everything into a 13×9-inch baking dish and bake for 20 mins in a preheated oven or until heated through.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!