This Mexican Chocolate Cannoli Dip is unbelievably good and the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips take it to a whole new level!!! It will go fast when you make it for your friends and family.
I love all the dessert dips that are around these days. You have to have a dip before dinner, right? I’m all for eating dessert first before dinner as often as I can.
I remember my mom making a yummy Mexican canonoli dessert when I was a kid once and I loved the idea! I’ve been thinking of that dessert every once in awhile. I’m not sure that my mom remembers making it, I’ll have to ask her if she does but I haven’t been able to duplicate it. This Mexican Chocolate Cannoli Dip came about when I was trying to recreate that dessert. I didn’t quite get it right but this dip is so good that it didn’t even matter that I had failed. Sometimes the fails are even better than what you’re trying to accomplish. I shared this with a neighbor and it went over well. I can’t wait for another party so I can make it again without getting in trouble.
- whisk the instant pudding mix with the milk for 2 minutes
- place in the fridge for 1 hour
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- in a small bowl combine the granulated sugar and 1 tbsp of the cinnamon
- brush both sided of the tortillas with the melted butter then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over even over both sides
- cut the tortillas into 4 pieces
- lay on a baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 8 minutes
- flip and bake for another 8 minutes and allow to cool
- whisk together the ricotta cheese, chocolate pudding and remaining 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- place in a bowl and serve with the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips.