Herbed Cheese Cracker Bites are little savory bites of extraordinary flavor! So simple to make and the perfect accompaniment to your game day menu or to snack on anytime of the day.
I’ve been making this easy recipe for years now! It’s originates from Paula Deen, but I’ve tweaked it just a bit over the years to suite my family’s tastes. My family loves these things and no gathering would be complete without them. They go perfectly with a cold mug of your favorite beverage, as a snack during your favorite movie or game, or just a little something to make your mouth happy! They’re a great addition to a cocktail party. They’re little and cute and perfectly poppable, but don’t be fooled! They are BIG on flavor!
These little guys start out with a few boxes of mini cheese sandwich crackers. You could also use any kind of cheese crackers you like, or even non-cheese crackers, if that’s your thing…but we like these mini cheese sandwiches crackers best! I like to use a gallon sized zipper plastic bag for mixing. I just add the crackers to the bag and then to the crackers, I simply add a packet of dry ranch dressing and a few other dry spices and herbs and a little oil and let the goodness seep in overnight. So, so easy.
I hope you’ll give these guys a try! I’ll leave you with a warning though, they are totally addictive. The first time I made them, they disappeared like lightening. Now I double the recipe! I hope that you will love them as much as we do and they will become a family tradition with your family as they have become with mine! If you do give them a try, make sure you come back and let me know what you think!
- 3 9.5 oz. boxes of mini cheese sandwich crackers
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1 oz. package of dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 heaping Tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Place the crackers in gallon sized plastic zipper bag or large plastic container with lid.
- Sprinkle the crackers with the dry ranch dressing mix, dill, garlic powder and celery salt. Close bag and shake to mix the crackers and the seasonings.
- Open bag and pour oil over the crackers and the seasonings. Close bag again and shake to distribute the oil with the crackers and seasonings. Place sealed bag in refrigerator and allow to sit overnight.
- Let crackers come to room temperature before serving.
If you like this recipe, you might also like these snacking favorites: