Ripe peaches and sweet Cara Cara oranges come together for a burst of flavor in this refreshing FROZEN PEACH AND CARA CARA ORANGE MARGARITA!
So, can we chat about Cara Cara oranges for a second? I literally just discovered the existence of this navel orange hybrid a few weeks ago, and I have been hooked ever since. Like I want to make all the Cara Cara orange things now. And why you might ask? Well, they happen to be a little sweeter and milder in acidity than traditional navel oranges. They also happen to be seedless which makes them perfect for juicing. And just look at what is on the inside when you slice one open. Such gorgeous color, folks!
Real Housemoms TV
Since patio sipping weather has just about arrived here and Cara Cara oranges are at their peak through the end of April, I thought why not use my new favorite citrus fruit in a frosty margarita? I combined fresh Cara Cara orange juice with ripe peach and fresh squeezed lime juice to make the perfect frozen peach margarita. You can rim your margarita glasses with salt or sugar depending on your taste preference. Personally, I am all for the sweet & salty combo, so I opted for a salt rim with mine. But if you prefer a sweeter margarita, go for the sugar rim. I found that the natural sugars from the orange juice and fresh peach were just right for me, but my husband who prefers all things syrupy sweet went for the sugared rim for his frozen margarita.
- Juice from two Cara Cara oranges
- 1 fresh or frozen peach pitted & chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 oz tequila
- 3 oz Triple Sec liqueur
- 3 cups of crushed ice
- Salt or sugar for rimming the glass optional
- orange and/or lime wheels for garnishing optional
- Place the Cara Cara orange juice, the chopped peach, lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec, and crushed ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour coarse salt or sugar onto a small plate. Rub an orange or lime wedge all along the rim of both glasses. Twist each rim into the sugar or salt. Evenly divide the frozen margarita in the blender pitcher between the two glasses. Garnish with an orange and/or lime wheel, if desired.
- Cheer and enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!