Fabric Pumpkins are perfect fall decorations. I have seen these pumpkins on Pinterest and thought I would give them a try. They are super easy, quick, and inexpensive to make. There are so many options of fabric that you can find at Joann’s or Walmart, so have fun choosing different colors and patterns. Pumpkins come in different shapes, so don’t worry about making these perfect. They will look great!
Supplies you need: rolls of toilet paper, fabric (I used “fat quarters” that are 18in x 21in), newspaper (I used the ads that come in the mail), sticks, and ribbon.
The easy steps to make them are:
1. On a table, lay down your fabric, image face down
2. Lay your newspaper on top of your fabric (in the center)
3. Put your roll of toilet paper in the middle of the newspaper
4. Start pulling up the newspaper corners and sides and stuffing the pieces into the middle of the toilet paper roll (use the shorter sides first), until all of the newspaper ends are tucked into the middle
5. Do the same with the fabric and pull up all the sides and corners until the ends are all tucked into the middle of the roll
6. Put a stick in the middle
7. Tie a ribbon around the stick and make a bow
I loved making these fabric pumpkins and it was especially nice that they were extremely simple to put together!
Craft inspired by: The Sweet Life
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!