With spring right around the corner, I have an Easy Floral Purse Tutorial that will put a little spring into your step!!
EASY FLORAL PURSE TUTORIAL
Like it? Pin it to your DIY pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest!
I’m a sucker for purses and to be honest, there’s a huge feeling of awesomeness when you can whip it up yourself! Today’s post is just that, DIYing the next tote that will help you transition into the newest season.
To get started, you will need the following:
- 2 round placemats. I snagged mine at Target it has natural jute with metallic gold ribbon – swoon!
- Purse Handles, found at JoAnn Fabrics,
- Matching yarn,
- Needle for yarn,
- Optional, Design Ideas. Now would be a good time to think about if and how you want to decorate the body of your new purse! Sew lace applique, glue on silk floral blossoms, embroider, or etc – skies the limit!
1) So for this particular accessory, I have kept the body narrow – it’s perfect for holding light weight items, magazine, snacks, or etc…Once you have gathered all your supplies, NOW would be the perfect time to create the design to your round tote. Whether you embroider, sew, or applique – go with your gut and whatever you decide will be awesome!
2) Once the design is on your purse body (I cut out individual flowers from a floral lace motif that I had extra of), place the two placemats on top of each other, and with a long strand of yarn, whip stitch the base of the purse shut with your needle and yarn thread (approx. 2/3 of your placemats.
3) Attach purse handles with your needle and thread, again using a whipstitch, making sure the handles are in the same place on both side of your bag. Nothing worse than holding a purse with handles and are not in the exact same spots – I may or may not have experienced that with this tutorial, ha!
After that, YOU ARE DONE! Pretty easy, right? This is a fun one because I love fun bohemian vibes as the temperatures warm up and with these jute braided round placements, it definitely had a cool earthy aesthetic! I cannot wait to give this another try and play around with some embroidery ideas and adding a tassel to the handle!