Inspired by Kate Spade and far from banking the bank, create this easy DIY Heart Attack Top this Valentine season! With a little fabric, scissors, and some extra light sewing, you can get Valentine ready in less than 10 minutes!!
DIY HEART ATTACK TOP
Love it? Pin it to your VALENTINE’S DAY board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Sound too good to be true? Far from it! I have been obsessed with all things Kate Spade a for a few years now and Kate Spade KNOWS how to get Valentine ready if you ask me. I have loved her heart attacked looks on clutches and even socks! So to get started on this heartfelt look, you will need….
Materials: scissors, red scuba knit fabric or felt (sold by the yard), a garment of your choice, and thread to match.
- Find a blouse or another article of clothing that you love or that needs a little pick me up.
I found a basic black tee at Walmart – nothing fancy. No need to run out to the store, if you already have one– use that.
- Buy Fabric. I found a red scuba knit fabric at Joann Fabrics and bought 5” (out of a yard). I like the scuba knit because it’s soft but holds it’s shape pretty well and it also does not fray. If you don’t like the color options they have in their scuba knits sections, go online and search for another scuba knit OR, run over to the felt section of the store where they sell felt by the yard and buy 5 inches from that bolt.
- Cut hearts out of your fabric in a bunch of different sizes, no bigger than 2” in diameter.
- Randomly pin hearts throughout the front on your garment in no particular order. I like to keep things asymmetrical especially with something so bold as hearts all over a shirt, so I choose ONE side of my shirt to add hearts. I also added some on the top of my sleeve, shoulder line and one or two on the top of my back shoulder.
- Sew hearts into place with matching thread with just one stitch line through the center of the heart.
- With a single stitch through the center of the heart, this will allow the sides of the hearts have movement and give your garment texture. As seen below:
- Trim thread ends from the outside and inside of the shirt.
- After that, you are DONE! Hooray! Pair this top with a cute pink skirt and you have an easy 10 minute Valentine look that will impress!
Thanks for stopping by and have a glamorous day!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!