We have seen this embellished sweater trend on the runways for fall from Tracy Reese to Kate Spade, not too mention in our favorite fashion mags.
So this should be of no surprise that today’s “high fashion” post is of the crafty sort that takes minutes of to whip up and NO sewing required.
Say what? You betcha, you read that right.
To get on the Embellished sweater trend, like the one seen here for Alice + Olivia, you need the following:
- a sweater or top of your choice (I snagged mine at the thrift store – in case I messed up),
- Rhinestones, jeweled buttons, or costume jewelry
- Glue, e6000, OR a needle and thread – but I promised a non-sewing post so here we go….
- Map out a design that you want on your sweater and then glue rhinestones (or sew buttons) into place.
Whether it’s a jeweled neckline or a patterned design, both will awaken a boring sweater within minutes!
- Silly you, there is no step 2! You are done, go out and work that runway trend in real life.
As far as washing your jeweled garment, it would be no different than washing your sweaters – gentle cycle and lay flat to dry.
I am all about mixing up my day and night looks and the best part about this look is how effortless it can transition from day to night, or visa versa.
Pair with jeans for your day look.
Tuck in a skirt for date night or special occasion.
It’s an easy project and the best part is that you get to decide how little or how much you want to embellish – not to mention it’s done as soon as the glue dries!