This healthy CHOCOLATE MINT SMOOTHIE is the best way to start your morning!
Smoothies are a big deal in our home. Honestly, it’s pretty rare we start our day without one. They usually involve me rummaging through our fridge and freezer to see what kinds of fruits and veggies I can find. Then some nuts, seeds, and water, yogurt or coconut milk get thrown into the mix. There’s almost never a recipe, and most of the time they turn out pretty good.
Sometimes I get a little carried away in the vegetable department. Like that time I added beans, Brussels sprouts and a bunch of carrots. Ya, we don’t need to talk about how that one turned out. 🙂
Green smoothies are the way we go 90% of the time. Once in while we get all fancy pants and turn them into bowls, like this Green Goddess Smoothie Bowl. I just love knowing that I’m starting my day with several servings of fruits and vegetables. It’s the best.
I started thinking about St. Partick’s Day and thought it would be fun to come up with a smoothie to mark the occasion. This chocolate mint smoothie is a quick and easy way to start the celebrations.
It only takes 5 minutes to whip up, so you can send the kids off to school with a fun and healthy start to their day.
Happy St. Patty’s Day! ☘
- 2 frozen bananas peeled
- 1 cup spinach packed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves packed
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 - 1 cup water see notes
- 1/4 cup mint chocolate chips
- Add all the ingredients, except the mint chocolate chips, to your blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add the mint chocolate chips and pulse a few times so they break up but are not completely blended into the smoothie.