Basil Pesto Hummus is an easy to make dip that has classic pesto ingredients blended in, making it a fresh and flavorful appetizer!
My favorite dip to make is hummus. They’re healthy snacks recipes that are delicious, and so incredibly easy to make. All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients into your food processor and in just a few quick minutes it’s done! That’s right, no actual cooking is involved. It really doesn’t get easier! I make it several times a month and keep it on hand in the fridge for a quick and filling snack.
My Traditional Hummus recipe is simple and fresh, flavored with lemon juice, garlic, and just a touch of oregano. Sometimes simple is best, but what I really love is flavored hummus. Chickpeas, which are the base of this delicious dip, are the perfect vehicle for almost any savory flavor! I’ve made Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus, Roasted Jalapeno Hummus, and now this Basil Pesto Hummus. The possibilities for flavoring hummus are truly endless!
If you have any pesto still hanging around in your garden from this summer, be sure to harvest it before the cold weather sets in and make this dip! You’ll be so glad you did. Once you see how easy it is to make, I’d be willing to bet you’ll never buy store-bought hummus again!
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves loosely packed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsps tahini
- 2 Tbsps pine nuts toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- Put all of the ingredients in your food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Serve with toasted bread, crackers, chips or veggies for dipping.