Thanks to lots of sunshine, strawberry season is in full swing here in the Pacific Northwest. This Balsamic Strawberry Salad is the perfect solution to all those ripe strawberries!
I am lucky to have my own little strawberry patch in my backyard. I get to walk out my backdoor and pick myself a bowl full of strawberries whenever I want! Nothing beats a ripe, warm strawberry picked fresh out of the garden.
I love just about any dessert made with strawberries. Two of my favorite are homemade Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream and Brown Sugar Strawberry Shortcake. Today I have a delicious savory strawberry recipe for you. The addition of balsamic vinegar and fresh basil turn those strawberries into a delicious and savory side dish.
Real Housemoms TV
You can serve this as a side salad to any summertime meal. Not only is it delicious but it is just so darn pretty too.
It is easy to turn it into an appetizer too, a delicious Balsamic Strawberry Bruschetta. Just slice up an baguette, brush with some olive oil and toast under the broiler. Add a layer of creamy goat cheese and a scoop of balsamic strawberry salad. Perfection!
Get more great recipes like this on our Real Housemoms Appetizer pin board!
- 1 lbs. fresh strawberries rinsed and sliced
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar or less depending on sweetness of berries.
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- sliced baguette
- goat cheese
- olive oil
- In a bowl, combine sliced berries with sugar and allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with vinegar and add pepper to taste.
- Brush sliced bread with olive oil and place under broiler until bread begins to brown around the edges.
- Add a layer of goat cheese
- Spoon on strawberry mixture.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!