Baked Pecan and Mustard Salmon is the perfect quick and healthy dish for dinner!
Was one of your resolutions this year to eat more healthy? Every year I make the resolution to eat healthier and most times I fall off the wagon. I think it’s because I don’t view healthy dishes to be as tasty as the high calorie dishes. But, this dish throws that idea out the door. It was so delicious and I love the crunch of pecans.
It’s also a quick and simple dish and you might have all the ingredients in your pantry. I love dishes that take less than 10 minutes to put together and less than 20 minutes to cook. Makes weeknight dinners so much easier.
When buying salmon you can buy it either fresh or frozen. I like to buy a big bag of frozen salmon and have it on hand. We eat it at least once a week and frozen makes it more affordable. I buy it with the skin off, but you can make this with the skin on if you like that. To give salmon a great flavor I like to coat each side of the salmon with the sauce. Just gives the salmon a richer flavor. But, I only coat one side of the salmon with the crumbs and pecans. I topped the salmon with the pecans, but you could grind them up more and add them to the bread crumb mixture. This would also be good with almonds if your family isn’t a fan of pecans.
I promise you can’t go wrong with this healthy salmon dinner.
- 4 Salmon Fillets skin on or off
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, Dijon mustard and maple syrup. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the Italian bread crumbs and the pepper. Set aside.
- Brush each side of the salmon with the mustard sauce.
- Sprinkle the top side of the salmon with the bread crumb mixture. Be sure to pat it down so it sticks. Sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Place in the baking dish and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.