These Bacon & Beer Bread Drop Biscuits are ready in the fraction of the time of traditional beer bread and are even more delicious with the addition of bacon.
I kind of have a thing for homemade beer bread. Maybe it is the rich flavor that the beer gives it. Or how moist and dense it is. Or maybe the fact that you can throw it together so quickly with no rising time needed. But I find myself making it quite often. The one and only complaint that I do have about making homemade beer bread is the bake time! I mean, sometimes I find it hard to wait over an hour for it to bake and then cool enough to slice so that I can slather a piece in butter and devour it. My solution? Make that beer bread into biscuits! Smaller size means a quicker baking time. See how I did that?
But I couldn’t just share plain ole beer bread biscuits with you all. Oh no. I had to go and add some chopped bacon and bacon drippings into the mix. I mean, everything is just a little better with some bacon thrown in there. Am I right, folks?
Real Housemoms TV
These biscuits would pair nicely with a warm bowl of chili or alongside a hearty pot roast. Or just do like I do, and simply slather them in butter while still warm from the oven.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups of a light lager I used Yuengling.
- 4-5 slices of cooked bacon roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp reserved bacon grease/drippings
- Cook your bacon according to your preferred method. I love to bake my bacon. See how to How Bake Perfectly Crisp Bacon here. Be sure to reserve the grease and drippings from the bacon!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour in the beer and bacon grease. Mix until just combined. Fold in the chopped bacon.
- Using a large spoon or scoop, drop the biscuit dough on the prepared baking sheet leaving at least 1 1/2 inches between them. Bake for around 15 minutes. Let cool to warm before serving and enjoying.
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!