This healthy Almond Joy Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal with it’s dark chocolate chunks, toasted almonds, and coconut only tastes like an indulgent breakfast treat!
Is anyone else out there a huge Almond Joy fan? I, for one, have been a fan since I was a little kid. But I am also a fan of Mounds. I know some claim that you have to be on one team or the other- nuts or not- but I don’t want to have to choose. Do you know what would make me happier than anything? If they finally decided to combine an Almond Joy and a Mounds! I would love to have my almonds and the dark chocolate coating too. But until those candy bar makers wise up and come up with a Dark Chocolate Almond Joy, I can enjoy this delicious Almond Joy Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal instead.
That’s right, folks. I have just made it totally okay to have an Almond Joy for breakfast. But before you protest having a candy bar flavored baked oatmeal for breakfast, let me assure you that this is indeed healthy. It is packed with bananas, hearty oats, and coconut milk. This baked oatmeal gets it’s delicious Almond Joy/Mounds flavor from the addition of shredded coconut, dark chocolate chunks, and toasted almonds. Served with a cup of your favorite coffee, you have breakfast perfection. Or dessert perfection. This baked oatmeal is totally indulgent enough to serve as a healthy dessert, and no one would be any the wiser.
Get more great recipes like this on our Real Housemoms Breakfast pin board!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, brown sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla, and baking powder. Whisk until the batter is smooth. Pour in the coconut milk, and whisk well.
- Stir the oats into the batter. Fold in the shredded coconut and the dark chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Top with the toasted almond slices.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool to warm, and then slice into 6 equal squares.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Note- individual baked oatmeal squares can be stored in a resealable bag and refrigerated or frozen to enjoy throughout the week. To thaw frozen baked oatmeal squares, zap in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!