Tassels of all sorts are super trendy this season and I’m sharing 9 WAYS TO WEAR MORE TASSELS in your everyday life!
There are a ton of tutorials all over Pinterest that will show you how to make them yourself and tons of craft stores that will sell them to you individually or by the yard as a trim, whichever route you go, below are some easy ways to add them into your wardrobe and BEAT out those designer prices while saving hundreds of dollars this summer… for more tassels, of course!
- EARRINGS – I blogged about this easy tutorial here (DIY Tassel Earrings), these are super EASY to make and you won’t be disappointed.
- NECKLACE – whether you bead your own necklace, buy one, or use a basic chain necklace at home just loop it on and you are set! Or get super crafty and add tassels along your necklace as seen above, you can save hundreds of dollars making it yourself that buying it full price – seriously, HUNDREDS.
- BRACELET – same notes above apply here!
- BAG – scarves have been the front runner for purse accessorization but the tassel game is giving it a run for its money! You can loop it around the handle strap and go with it, attach it to the zipper pull of your bag, or randomly place all over your tote bag seen HERE – bonus points if you use one of this summer’s tutorial to make your own bag (DIY Crochet Tote)!
- SCARF – funny that I mentioned scarf above, but adding a tassel (or Pom Pom) trim to the edge of the scarf works. Additionally, back to my purse thought above – you COULD also attach your tassel trimmed scarf to your purse handle as well! Especially, if you are still on team scarf – ha!
- KEYCHAIN – whether you bead your tassel first or not, it just loop it on your key-chain – easy stuff.
- TASSEL HEMLINES or TIE ENDS on shirts – I just saw a good friend of mine wear the coolest tassel-trimmed dress – it was AWESOME. I loved this from VEVET but I cannot get behind the $189 price tag, so adding your own tassels to an already owned shirt/dress or one at a lower price is a genius idea.
- SHOES – wherever you can attach these babies – goes!
- HATS – yes, I said hats. Whether you go for that ole kind of vibe or attach it to the ribbon of your hat, it will definitely be a chic choice!
And if you don’t want to wear this trim, use it in the home!
- Napkin Rings
- Wall Hangings
- Drawer knobs
- Door knobs and keys
- Wine glass stems – different colors for dinner people also (mug handles work, too!)
- Table runners
- Trimming the length of your curtains
There are so many more ways to work this trend into your lifestyle and wardrobe. The best part is that it’s relatively affordable compared to these high-end designers cited above to do yourself – the sky’s the limit!