Crock Pot Pizza Casserole is an incredibly delicious meal for the entire family to enjoy! It is really easy to make, kid friendly, and perfect for busy days!
Diving into my best crock pot recipes is a life saver during the week. Between school, work, and errands, some days I just don’t have it in me to make dinner in the evening. But a good slow cooker recipe is a great option because I can prep, set, and forget until dinner time. This Crock Pot Pizza Casserole is always a winner with my boys. They love all their favorite pizza toppings over pasta. It’s definitely become one of my favorite easy casserole recipes.
CROCK POT PIZZA CASSEROLE
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Pizza is one of my family’s favorite meals, but it’s not exactly cheap. Luckily the combination of sauce, pepperoni, Italian sausage, and cheese in this recipe is enough to satisfy our pizza cravings. My family raved about this dish. I’ve also started experimenting with different pizza flavors:
- Ham or Canadian bacon while cooking and then adding pineapple chunks during the last 30 minutes
- Green bell pepper, onion, mushroom, and olives
- Substituting BBQ sauce, grilled chicken, and red onion. Then finishing with cilantro when plating (This is still a work in progress.)
There are so many possibilities! While my boys love the classic version of this recipe best, they like trying my other pizza flavors too. It’s a fun dinner idea that you’ll be making for years to come!
Want more crock pot dinners?
- Slow Cooker Pizza Sloppy Joes
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Bacon & Tater Tot Bake
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Dinner
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Spaghetti & Meatballs
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used in this Crock Pot Pizza Casserole recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for transferring ingredients!
Slow Cooker: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
- One 8-ounce box of short pasta (rigatoni, penne or ziti)
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- One 8-ounce package of sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 pound of ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- Three 14-ounce jars of pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until almost al dente, but not quite, about 6 or 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta boils, cook the Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Layer the pepperoni slices between a couple paper towels. Place the towels on a plate and microwave for 15 seconds to help remove the excess grease from the pepperoni.
- In a large bowl mix together the pasta, Italian sausage, pepperoni, onion, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
- Coat the inside of a 5-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray
- Layer the pasta in the slow cooker, alternating layers with the shredded mozzarella cheese. There should be three layers, ending with the cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve warm with garlic bread and a salad.