Cranberry Brownies with Chocolate-Orange Drizzle are rich and soft brownies with a silky chocolate drizzle that’s pure decadence with a touch of holiday spirit!
CRANBERRY BROWNIE WITH CHOCOLATE-ORANGE DRIZZLE!
Love it? Pin it to your DESSERT board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I love brownies. Who doesn’t? Being a chocolate lover as well, I love to try all sorts of brownies. And around the holidays I of course add traditional favorites, like cranberries. Not only are these brownies delicious, they are simply gorgeous.
The orange zest mixed with the fresh cranberries gives it a touch of color to these traditional brownies. I love those orange-chocolates that are out during Christmas and that is of course what inspired the chocolate-orange drizzle. This holiday season while my family is caroling to our close family and friends you can guarantee that we will be sharing these Cranberry Brownies with Chocolate-Orange Drizzle. They will quickly become a hit and a most requested every Christmas.
The chocolate-orange drizzle is what takes these brownies to the next level. And I literally licked the bowl clean. Of course I threw in the extra orange zest in the bowl and that made it even better. You can easily make these brownies in advance but make the glaze right before you srve. And I would suggest storing these brownies in the fridge, as I love them cold.
So this holiday season I will be baking up my favorites like these Cranberry Brownies with Chocolate-Orange Drizzle and sharing them with family and friends. I would love to know what is on your baking list. Cookies? Brownies? Breads? Or something more savory. Share in the comments below and I can’t wait to see what you are making this year!
- 2/3 cup unsweeted cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Chocolate-Orange Drizzle
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, fresh is best
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt butter in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, cocoa, flour, milk, eggs, baking powder, salt and vanilla until well combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes; making sure not to overcook.
- Remove from oven and completely cool on baking rack.
- Once completely cool make drizzle.
- In a small mixing bowl combine confectioners sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder and orange juice. Whisk to combine.
- Drizzle over cut and cooled brownies.
- Garnish with orange zest.
Looking for some more holiday goodies? Be sure to check out my holiday posts.