Brussels Sprouts, Purple Cabbage and Carrot slaw is a delicious and tangy slaw that goes great with your summer barbecues!
Slaws are pretty fantastic. Growing up I really only knew about sweet slaws and really I didn’t know there was anything other than traditional coleslaw. The world of slaws has really opened up for me and I’ve been experimenting with different combinations lately, like this family favorite Carrot and Apple Slaw. I like the use of Brussels sprouts in salads. It really seems like Americans are getting more comfortable with a wider variety of greens and now we’re eating more and more raw instead of cooking them all. I wouldn’t be caught dead eating a Brussels sprout until the last few years, and now I think they’re fantastic!!!
This slaw has so much gorgeous color that it’s perfect for a summer dinner! It has more of a tangy taste but you could totally add a teaspoon of sugar to cut some of the tang. I’ll be making this again this summer with all kinds of awesome barbecue, starting with this Grilled BBQ Pork Roast. I’m telling you, this will not disappoint and it’ll hold up against all the delicious, finger licking BBQ this summer!
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 cup Brussels Sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup Purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- in a medium serving bowl whisk yogurt, vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard powder until smooth
- toss in the Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots and green onion just before serving