Chocolate and coconut are the stars of these incredibly yummy ALMOND JOY CHEESECAKE BARS! They’re easy to make and are the hit of every party!
I can’t believe it’s Fall already! I feel like Summer flew by – like it always does – but this year I was SO ready for the seasons to change. I needed Fall like a desert needs a rainstorm you guys – very very badly. Now that it is here I am having a baking marathon of all my favorite treats. I know technically I can bake all year round but I am so cliche, the cooler months just make me want to bake up a storm.
There are few things I love more than chocolate and coconut – except of course chocolate and coconut combined with CHEESECAKE! These almond joy cheesecake bars are the perfect dessert to take to a party or get together and with the holidays right around the corner, you’ll want to have this recipe up your sleeve!!
- 23 Oreo cookies (whole cookies including icing)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup packed shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup shaved almonds and/or 1/4 cup whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line an 8x8 inch pan with foil and lightly grease the foil. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor pulse cookies until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter and pulse a few times until crumbs are moistened from the butter. Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press crumbs into the bottom of the pan to form an even crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix egg, sugar, and vanilla until light and foamy. Add cream cheese and mix until smooth. Poor over baked crust. Return to oven for about 20 minutes or until cheesecake is set. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium sauce pan combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture and spread remaining over cooled cheesecake. Top with shredded coconut and almonds and drizzle reserved melted chocolate over the top.
- Chill until completely cold throughout, cut into squares with a sharp knife and serve.