We love to eat popcorn in my house. In fact, we’re at my Mom & Dad’s house on our way up to Oregon and my Mom popped a HUGE batch of popcorn for us to snack on in the car as we drive up. Microwave popcorn is pretty good with all the different flavors and things but for the cost you don’t get as much as you do when you pop your own. I also like when we can get away from all the butter. When you pop your own you can come up with a lot of really great flavors. This came about when I was looking in my spice cabinet for something different to do and grabbed my go to spices, garlic and onion powders. Once I tried it I realized I had stumbled onto Funyun popcorn!!! I was so excited and so was my husband. We love Funyuns! They’re the crispy fried onion rings you find in the chips section at the store.
This is the simplest after school snack or movie night treat you could make and definitely better than anything to come out of your microwave! What’s your quick after school snack?
Real Housemoms TV
- heat a large pot over med high heat
- melt 2 T of coconut oil
- pour in popcorn kernels and cover with lid
- shake over heat often to keep kernels moving over heat
- cook until there is a few seconds between pops
- melt last 1 T of coconut oil on popped popcorn
- sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder over popcorn