Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores Bars combine two classic desserts to make the best new summer dessert ever! This has to be part of your next summer party!
I’ve found the newest, ooey gooey dessert that will be my summer go to favorite way to satisfy my sweet tooth! I’m super excited to be working with Kroger to bring you this recipe today! Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores Bars are insane you guys!!! I love chocolate chip cookies and s’mores are an all the time dessert in my family. My mom and dad have a fire pit in their backyard and they would always have everything ready for the boys to make s’mores when we come to visit. Now we finally built our fire pit and every time we have a fire that’s all they want to do! I’m totally OK with it though! What is better than melted chocolate, and toasted marshmallows? I’ll tell you what! Melted chocolate with toasted marshmallow and chocolate chip cookies!!!
We’ve been working to expand out deck in the backyard. I can’t wait to show you guys when it’s all done. There are wrap around stairs and lights and eight foot wide stairs! It’s going to be amazing and we’ll be out back all summer long. I plan to have friends over all the time to our little backyard park and of course I’ll be serving Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores Bars. They’re the perfect dessert for a BBQ. You can make them the day before or early in the day and then just slice them up and pass them out! So easy!
We were super excited to get about an hour and a half break from the deck construction with no kids the other day. I talked my husband into running to Fred Meyer with me to get some of the blog groceries that I needed so we could hang out. We decided to grab a tea/coffee when we were done and I got to hop on a Facebook Live Video for the first time! Did you see it? If not, it’s OK, you can watch down below. I LOVED getting to chat with you all and get ideas for summer recipes! I also got to find out where you all are! I had so much fun with you all that I’m going to try and do that more often! Keep an eye out!!
This post is part of my partnership with Kroger but all the opinions are, as always, mine!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup Private Selection Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 sleeve graham crackers, pureed to crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 13 oz. marshmallow creme
- 2-1.55 oz. Milk Chocolate Bars
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- line a 13 x 9 baking dish with foil and then spray with cooking spray and set aside
- in a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda, then set aside
- pour 3/4 cup melted butter into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix in granulated sugar and brown sugar
- add egg and egg yolk one at a time
- pour in the vanilla
- turn mixer down to low and pour in the flour mixture
- mix until just combined, then remove bowl from mixer and stir in the chocolate chips
- using clean hands spread 1/2 to 3/4 of the dough into an even layer in the bottom of the baking dish
- add the graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until a fine crumb
- pour in the melted butter and cinnamon and pulse again until well combined
- pour the mixture over the cookie dough in the baking dish and carefully spread into an even layer
- pat the graham cracker mixture down to form a crust
- spread out the marshmallow creme in lots of dollops over the graham crackers then grease your hands or a spatula and VERY carefully try to spread the marshmallow into a layer as best you can
- grab tablespoon amounts of cookie dough and flatten them in your hands
- place all around on top of the marshmallow creme then top is squares of your milk chocolate bar
- bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and edges start to pull away
- allow it to cool completely before lifting out using the foil to a cutting board
- cut into squares and serve!