Make this a Valentine’s Day to remember with the gift of a year of dates with FREE DATE NIGHT IDEA PRINTABLE COUPONS, and fun, but not too out there, date ideas!
Valentine’s is coming up! If you have a Valentine you are probably thinking about gift giving. Chocolates? Flowes? Expensive dinners? Jewelry…those gifts are tired! But don’t you worry, I have the solution for you. Forget the over-priced flowers, the waxy chocolates, the crowded restaurants, and all the hype that ultimately leads to disappointment, and instead, give a gift that will actually improve your relationship, and be tons of fun.
One of the best ways you can show and tell someone how much they mean to you and that you love them is with time. Give them the gift of regular date nights with fun printable coupons.
Decide what regular means to you. For me it is a weekly date night with my husband. We need that time to reconnect and get away from the normal hubbub of life. You know, the routines, and ruts we kind of find ourselves in, only talking about kids, finances, and what is going on the next day.
However, sometimes even date night starts to feel routine. I remember after seeing a movie and getting dinner at the same place for the 10th time in a row I needed some new ideas. When I went looking, a lot of what I found was too cheesy and sentimental for my husband. Sorry ladies, but my husband doesn’t want date night to be scrapbooking wedding photos, or collecting rocks from all the places we went on dates to in the past, and making a rock garden (ok…fine, I totally made that up). The point is this: Date night should be fun, and it is great to mix things up, but you don’t have to get too crazy. Dinner and a movie can be a great date…it just shouldn’t be the only date.
So this year, for Valentine’s Day, give your sweetheart a year of dates, with these fun date night ideas and free printable coupons! You can use the premade date ideas or make your own.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Bating Cages: Fun, cheap, you can wear whatever, and it is a workout too!
- Book Store Date Night: Head to the book store and get a coffee, then choose a book to read together, browse the travel section and plan a trip, or just chat in those cozy chairs.
- “Chopped” at Home Date Night: You each pick 2 of the “basket” options, then have a cook off!
- Video Game Date Night: This is a good one for when you can’t actually leave the house. Play Mario Kart together, or Just Dance…so fun and hilarious!
- Bowling: Totally fun! Plus the gross/cute shoes.
- Movie (You Pick): Go to the movies, but watch whatever they want. Even if it is a shoot ‘em up movie or a rom com.
- Drive-In Movie: Get take-out and cozy up in the back of your car. Enjoy.
- Sharing a Shake: Get a shake and two straws. Or get your own.
- One-on-One Basketball: Head to a park and play some one-on-one, or Horse, or just shoot around and flirt.
- Rock Climbing: Hey, it is fun to belay each other…especially if you like your sweetheart’s butt!
- Sledding: Cold weather shouldn’t keep you inside.
- Swimming: Beach, pool, sprinklers, whatever…wear your swimsuits and have some fun.
- Skating: Ice or street. Have fun! Did you ever go to a roller skating rink as a kid? My husband and I decided to go and uh…he was really good. It was englightening. I suck fyi.
- Chinese Food: Dinner is fun. So for this one, just use Yelp to find the best rated Chinese restaurant(or whatever cuisine you pick), and go try it out.
- Cupcakes: Go get a treat together.
- Watch a Game: What sport? College? Professional? On TV, live, at a sports bar.
- Ice-Cream: Go out for ice cream.
- A Concert: Even if it is just at the local high school!
- A Play: Is there a playhouse nearby? How about the local high school?
- Redbox: Stay in, cozy up with blankets and popcorn, and watch a Redbox.
- Comedy Club: Laughing is always good for relationship.
- Hike/Walk: Hold hands, talk, dream, and enjoy the scenery.
- Playing Board Games: Ticket to Ride, Cover Your Assets, Uno, or whatever…pick a game and play it. Maybe take it to a coffee shop with you. Might be embarrassing though. But have fun!