Perfect for your Christmas cookie and candy trays, this delicious PEPPERMINT CRUNCH FUDGE is a must-have this holiday season! Topped with mini-chocolate chips and peppermint crunch, this double layer fudge is easy to make and super-delicious!
One of my favorite things about the holidays is getting into the kitchen to make holiday cookies and candy! I always make way too much for our family, so I typically put together little gift boxes and tins for our friends and neighbors. I always love making at least one type of fudge during the holidays, and this Peppermint Crunch Fudge is definitely my new favorite!
This fudge is topped with mini chocolate chips and peppermint crunch baking bits. This is really a double-batch of fudge, as it has a chocolate layer and a pretty, pink peppermint layer stacked on top of each other. This recipe makes a generous amount of fudge, so be prepared to have lots to share. It makes for a beautifully layered treat that will look gorgeous on any holiday cookie or candy tray, too.
This fudge is super-simple to make and just requires a few ingredients. There is no stovetop heating necessary, all of the work is done in the microwave. With just a bit of stirring, you’ll be amazed at how easy this candy is to make! This can be a fantastic treat to make with kids, and especially wonderful to enjoy with a cup of hot cocoa and your favorite Christmas movie!
I hope you get to enjoy this fudge all through the holiday season!
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. peppermint crunch like Andes Mints Peppermint Crunch Baking Bits
- Line a 9x9" baking pan with aluminum foil, and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and 1 can of the sweetened condensed milk. Heat on high for 1 minute, stir. Heat for 30 second increments, and stir until the chocolate chips have completely melted. Stir in the peppermint extract. Mixture will begin to thicken as it cools. Evenly press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- To make the second pink layer, add the white chocolate chips and the second can of sweetened condensed milk. In the microwave, heat for one minute on high. Stir. Heat for 30 second increments, and stir until the chocolate chips melt completely. (Be careful not to overheat). Add the peppermint extract and a few drops of red food coloring, and stir until completely pink. Press on to the top of the chocolate layer.
- Top the fudge with the mini chocolate chips and peppermint crunch. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. To make cutting easier, lift the fudge out of the pan by the sides of the foil. Cut into 1" squares.
If you loved this recipe, be sure to check out some other delicious holiday treats like these: